Coming soon…Coxswain Clinic!
Saturday, September 10th at the Burnt Hills Boathouse
More details to come!
We are happy to announce our coaching staff for this upcoming Fall season. There is a wealth of knowledge that this group is bringing to our team and and an excitement among them to begin the season!
Middle School/Modified Squad
- Coach Daniel Elliott, Director of Rowing, Head Coach – rowed in high school and college, coaching experience with middle school, high school and college, Middle School Health Teacher.
- Coach Kristen Mattice, Assistant Coach – rowed in high school and college, coaching experience with middle school and high school, Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Coach Mike Batzinger, Assistant Coach – rowed in high school and college, beginning coaching experience with middle school, College Student.
- Coach Sarah Stomieroski, Head Coach – rowed in high school and masters, coaching experience with middle school, high school and masters, Administrative Assistant.
- Coach Steve Ives, Assistant Coach – rowed in high school and college, coaching experience with high school, Assistant Professor for Health and Exercise Sciences.
Stay tuned for a new website in the next couple weeks for more extensive bios! Contact each of the coaches with first initial last name @ bhrow.com.
Just a reminder that the bridge over Alplaus Kill is still out so you must get to the boathouse from Maple Ave. You can drive past the signs at the intersection of Maple Ave and Alplaus Ave, follow the Mohawk Marine signs!🙂
For those of you that typically get to the boathouse from Glenridge Rd to Bruce Dr to Alplaus Ave, continue along Glenridge Rd to the circle, take your 3rd exit onto Maple Ave and then left onto Alplaus Ave.
Bright and early, 6AM – your coaches will be ready for you! And then again at 6PM!🙂
Varsity coaching staff includes Sarah Stomieroski and Steve Ives. Short bios of all our coaches will be posted later today!
Please make sure you are registered on Regatta Central, waiver signed through USRowing, and medical information is up to date. If all of this sounds foreign check out http://bhrow.com/youthregistration or reach out to Donica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you sign up for the Varsity blog to keep tabs on all the information: https://burnthillsvarsityrowing.wordpress.com/. Coaches have a great season planned ahead and have already posted the first two weeks schedule!
Attention all fall rowing families:
If you plan on having your child use Crew Shuttle this fall please sign them up as soon as possible so that we can begin working on the driving schedule. This does NOT have to be done along with regular registration.
NOTE: This program can only be successful if we have volunteer drivers. Parents do not have to drive everyday. We have a schedule setup for the entire season and you can sign up for the days you are available to drive.
For questions please contact email@example.com. Thank you.